11 PHCA Members Earn 2018 Silver National Quality Award
Harrisburg, Pa. – PHCA announced today that 11 nursing facilities, assisted living, and personal care members across Pennsylvania were recognized as 2018 Silver Achievement in Quality Award recipients by the American Health Care Association and National Center for Assisted Living (AHCA/NCAL). The award is the second of three distinctions possible through the AHCA/NCAL National Quality Award Program, which spotlights providers across the nation that have demonstrated their dedication to improving quality of care for residents and patients in long-term and post-acute care.
“Pennsylvania’s Silver Achievement in Quality Award winners put the care of their residents first. They have been recognized in large part due to the selfless, resident-centered care they provide every day in our communities,” said PHCA President and CEO Russ McDaid. “The key to their success are the thousands of direct care workers, nurses, and administrators who have dedicated their careers to caring for the frailest and vulnerable among us. And, they pride themselves on ensuring those in need of round the clock care in nursing facilities have the care and support they need to live life to the fullest while treating them with dignity and respect. We are proud to celebrate these award-winning facilities, and applaud the unwavering commitment of these PHCA members and their staff to improving care.”
The 2018 Silver Achievement in Quality Award recipients for Pennsylvania include:
- Sunrise of McCandless, Sunrise Senior Living, Pittsburgh
- Sunrise of Upper St. Clair, Sunrise Senior Living, Upper St. Clair
- Overlook Green, Five Star Senior Living, Whitehall
- Quality Life Services – Apollo, Quality Life Services, Apollo
- Sunrise of Lower Makefield, Sunrise Senior Living, Yardley
- Sunrise Senior Living of Exton, Sunrise Senior Living, Exton
- Sunrise Assisted Living of Westtown, Sunrise Senior Living, West Chester
- Sunrise Senior Living of Granite Run, Sunrise Senior Living, Media
- Sunrise of Newtown Square, Sunrise Senior Living, Newtown Square
- Sunrise Senior Living of Lafayette Hill, Sunrise Senior Living, Lafayette Hill
- Siemon’s Heritage Personal Care Center, Consulate Health Care, Somerset
Based on the core values and criteria of the Baldrige Performance Excellence Program, AHCA/NCAL’s National Quality Award Program challenges member providers to achieve performance excellence through three progressive levels—Bronze, Silver, and Gold. At the Silver level, members develop and demonstrate effective approaches that help improve organizational performance and healthcare outcomes. 2018 recipients of the Silver award can now advance in further developing comprehensive strategies that meet the criteria required for the Gold – Excellence in Quality Award.
“Quality care is every long-term care providers’ top priority,” McDaid said. “In a time where the long-term care industry is facing more challenges than ever, these nursing facilities serve as strong positive examples of the successes that are possible as they develop innovative ways to meet the evolving needs of residents.”
The 2018 Silver Achievement in Quality Awards will be presented during AHCA/NCAL’s 69th Annual Convention and Exposition in San Diego, California, October 7-10, 2018.