Quality Reporting Program
The submission deadline for the Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) Quality Reporting Program (QRP) is approaching. Minimum Data Set (MDS) assessment data for October-December (Q4) of calendar year (CY) 2016 are due with this submission deadline. Due to technical coding issues, CMS is working on modifying the assessment measure data submission deadline dates for CY2017 quarters one, two, and three to coincide with the CY2017 Q4 deadline date of May 15, 2018. This means that all data for assessment based measures required in the SNF QRP in CY2017 will remain open to modifications until May 15, 2018. (August 23, 2017)
Summary of Time Frames:
- Early September, 2017: Review and Correct Reports will be corrected to enable modified records
- Mid-September, 2017: SNFs will be able to access, view and once again modify Q1 2017 data used in the SNF QRP assessment based quality measures
- Early December: Updated Review and Correct Reports will include technical updates to the calculation of the measure Application of Percent of LTCH Patients with Admission and Discharge Functional Assessment and a Care Plan that Addresses Function
- Early December: Release of the SNF QRP Confidential Feedback Reports (SNF QRP QM Reports)
- May 15, 2018: SNF QRP data on measures for Q1, Q2, Q3, and Q4 will have a single submission deadline of May 15, 2018 which is the same deadline for CY2017 Q4. This deadline will also apply for SNF QRP FY2019 APU determination and will include all 4 quarters as well.
View the list of measures required for this deadline on the SNF Quality Reporting Program Measures and Technical Information webpage.
As a reminder, it is recommended that providers run the applicable CMS CASPER validation reports prior to each quarterly reporting deadline to ensure that all required data has been submitted. Providers are also encouraged to verify all facility information prior to submission, including their CCN and facility name. Only successful submissions will count toward your Annual Payment Update requirement.
For more information, view the MDS 3.0 Submission, Submission Status, and Final Validation Reports.
SNF QRP Quick Reference Guide
CMS has released a Quick Reference Guide for centers regarding the SNF Quality Reporting Program (SNF QRP). This guide includes frequently asked questions, information on QRP help desks, and helpful links to additional resources for the QRP. Watch the CMS SNF QRP website for updates.