Element 5: Systematic Analysis and Systemic Action
- Utilizes a systematic approach to determine when in-depth analysis is required to fully understand problems, causes and implications
- Uses a thorough and organized approach to determine how problems are identified may be caused or exacerbated by the way care or services are delivered.
- Develop policies and procedures in the use of Root Cause Analysis (RCA) as well as demonstrate proficiency in the use of RCA.
- Active assessment of all system to prevent future events and to promote sustainability
- Focuses on continual learning and continuous improvement
Action Steps May Include:
- Develop policies and procedures in the use of RCa
- Training on RCA