Element 1: Design and Scope of a QAPI Program
Must be ongoing and comprehensive dealing with the full range of services offered by the nursing center.
- When fully implemented address all systems of care and management practices.
- Always include clinical care, quality of life and resident choice.
- Aims for safety and high quality with all clinical interventions, but should emphasize resident autonomy and choice in daily life.
- Utilizes the best available evidence to define and measure goals.
Action Steps May Include:
- Conduct a QAPI self-assessment
- Establish the purpose, guiding principles and scope for your QAPI program
- Develop a QAPI plan