Quality Awards and Recognition
The AHCA/NCAL National Quality Award Program provides a pathway for providers of long-term and post-acute care services to journey towards performance excellence. The program is based on the core values and criteria of the Baldrige Performance Excellence Program.
Member centers may apply for three progressive levels of awards: Bronze—Commitment to Quality, Silver—Achievement in Quality, or Gold—Excellence in Quality. Each level has its own distinct rigors and requirements for quality and performance excellence.
|2019 National Quality Award Program Deadlines/Events||Dates|
|Intent to Apply Process Opens||Mid-September 2018|
|Bronze, Silver and Gold Intent to Apply Deadline||November 8, 2018|
|Bronze, Silver and Gold Applications are Accepted Online||December 7, 2018|
|Bronze, Silver and Gold Application Deadline||January 31, 2019|
Additional information on the AHCA/NCAL Quality Awards program is available online on the AHCA/NCAL National Quality Award Pro.
2018 Silver Award Winners
- Overlook Green, Five Star Senior Living
- Quality Life Services – Apollo, Quality Life Services
- Siemon’s Heritage Personal Care Center, Consulate Health Care
- Sunrise of Exton, Sunrise Senior Living
- Sunrise of Granite Run, Sunrise Senior Living
- Sunrise of Lafayette Hill, Sunrise Senior Living
- Sunrise of Lower Makefield, Sunrise Senior Living
- Sunrise of McCandless, Sunrise Senior Living
- Sunrise of Newtown Square, Sunrise Senior Living
- Sunrise of Upper St. Clair, Sunrise Senior Living
- Sunrise of Westtown, Sunrise Senior Living
To achieve a Silver Quality Award, these facilities continue to learn and develop effective approaches that help improve performance and healthcare outcomes. The Silver guidelines are based on the Baldrige Health Care Criteria for Performance Excellence. In addition to the Organizational Profile, applicants provide a thorough assessment of their systematic approaches and the deployment of these approaches.
2018 Bronze Award Winners
- The Brunswick at Attleboro, Wilmac Corporation
- The Brunswick at Longstown, Wilmac Corporation
- Chapel Manor Nursing & Convalescent Center, Genesis HealthCare
- The Devon Senior Living, Five Star Senior Living
- Hanover Hall, Wilmac Corporation
- Juniper Village at Forest Hills, Juniper Communities
- Linwood Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Genesis HealthCare
- ManorCare Health Services-North Hills, HCR ManorCare
- Naamans Creek Country Manor, Genesis HealthCare
- Orwigsburg Center, Genesis HealthCare
- Quality Life Services – Sarver, Quality Life Services
- The Quadrangle, Sunrise Senior Living
- Quality Life Services – Mercer, Quality Life Services
- Riverstreet Manor, Genesis HealthCare
- Wellington Court at Hershey’s Mill, Benchmark Senior Living
To achieve a bronze quality award, these facilities developed an organizational profile including vision and mission statements, an awareness of their environment and customers’ expectations and a demonstration of their ability to improve a process. The objective of this award level is to provide a context for understanding the organization and their approach to performance improvement. The organization’s mission, vision and key factors that lead to success are assessed.
Take the Quality Journey
Applicants are assessed by their ability to describe links between their mission, key customers and strategic position and to show evidence of successful improvements driven by their performance improvement system.
Silver—Achievement in Quality
Applicants provide an extensive self-assessment of their systematic approaches and deployment of those approaches. Applicants must describe performance measures and sustainable organizational and process results that are linked to their key customer requirements, success factors and challenges.
Applicants must demonstrate that they are achieving high levels of performance over time in the areas of—health care, customer satisfaction, operational finances, workforce, process and leadership. Applicants must detail their approach, deployment of programs and levels and consistency of results.
The AHCA/NCAL National Quality Award Program is designed to encourage continuous learning and help members:
- Recognition and Market Differentiator
- Performance Improvement and Improved Outcomes
- Increase efficiency and effectiveness of their performance improvement system
- Validate and secure the links between continuous improvement, quality and customer satisfaction
- Link mission, goals and customer expectations
- Assess and maximize organizational strengths
- Apply systematic approaches that produce consistent results
- Receive customized feedback to drive change