Quality Awards and Recognition
The AHCA/NCAL National Quality Award Program provides a pathway for providers of long term and post-acute care services to journey towards performance excellence. The program is based on the core values and criteria of the Baldrige Performance Excellence Program.
Member centers may apply for three progressive levels of awards: Bronze—Commitment to Quality, Silver—Achievement in Quality, or Gold—Excellence in Quality. Each level has its own distinct rigors and requirements for quality and performance excellence.
|National Quality Award Program Deadlines/Events||Dates|
|Intent to Apply Process Opens||Mid-September 2016|
|PHCA Silver Award Workshop (For Members Only)||November 9, 2016|
|PHCA Bronze Award Workshop (For Members Only)||November 15, 2016|
|Bronze, Silver and Gold Intent to Apply Deadline||November 17, 2016|
|Bronze, Silver and Gold Applications are Accepted Online||December 1, 2016|
|Bronze, Silver and Gold Application Deadline||January 26, 2017|
|Bronze Applicant Notification||June 1, 2017|
|Feedback Distributed to Bronze Applicants||June 9, 2017|
|Bronze Appeal Submission Deadline||June 29, 2017|
|Silver Applicant Notification||June 30, 2017|
|Gold Applicant Notification||August 11, 2017|
|Feedback Silver and Gold Applicants (non-site visit)||August 18, 2017|
|Feedback Distributed to Gold Site Visit Applicants||September 22, 2017|
Additional information on the AHCA/NCAL Quality Awards program is available online on the AHCA/NCAL National Quality Award Pro.
2016 Bronze Award Winners
- Clarks Summit Senior Living, Five Star Senior Living
- Country Meadows of Bethlehem Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Country Meadows Retirement Communities
- Country Meadows of York, Country Meadows Retirement Communities
- Dresher Hill Health and Rehabilitation, The Rehab Group of Pennsylvania
- Franciscan Manor, Five Star Senior Living
- Highgate at Paoli, Genesis Healthcare
- Juniper Village at Brookline, Juniper Communities
- Juniper Village Senior Living at Brookline, Juniper Communities
- ManorCare-Bethel Park, HCR ManorCare
- Mount Vernon of Elizabeth, Five Star Senior Living
- Overlook Green, Five Star Senior Living
- Pennsburg Manor, Genesis Healthcare
- Providence Place Senior Living of Dover, Providence Place Senior Living
- Providence Place Senior Living of Pine Grove, Providence Place Senior Living
- The Quadrangle, Sunrise Senior Living
- The Residence at Hilltop
To achieve a bronze quality award, these facilities developed an organizational profile including vision and mission statements, an awareness of their environment and customers’ expectations and a demonstration of their ability to improve a process. The objective of this award level is to provide a context for understanding the organization and their approach to performance improvement. The organization’s mission, vision and key factors that lead to success are assessed.
Take the Quality Journey
Applicants are assessed by their ability to describe links between their mission, key customers and strategic position and to show evidence of successful improvements driven by their performance improvement system.
Applicants provide an extensive self-assessment of their systematic approaches and deployment of those approaches. Applicants must describe performance measures and sustainable organizational and process results that are linked to their key customer requirements, success factors and challenges.
Applicants must demonstrate that they are achieving high levels of performance over time in the areas of—health care, customer satisfaction, operational finances, workforce, process and leadership. Applicants must detail their approach, deployment of programs and levels and consistency of results.
The AHCA/NCAL National Quality Award Program is designed to encourage continuous learning and help members:
- Recognition and Market Differentiator
- Performance Improvement and Improved Outcomes
- Increase efficiency and effectiveness of their performance improvement system
- Validate and secure the links between continuous improvement, quality and customer satisfaction
- Link mission, goals and customer expectations
- Assess and maximize organizational strengths
- Apply systematic approaches that produce consistent results
- Receive customized feedback to drive change