Pennsylvania Health Care Association Announces 2017 Hero Award Winners
Seven, elite health care professionals honored with awards
HARRISBURG, Pa. — Seven of the commonwealth’s best health care professionals were honored as 2017 Hero Award winners for their extraordinary contributions toward the care of the state’s seniors by the Pennsylvania Health Care Association (PHCA) during a ceremony on Sept. 26.
The winners work in long-term and post-acute care centers throughout the state — including skilled nursing facilities (SNF), personal care homes and assisted living residences. More than 100 nominations were submitted by facility administrators and staff, and winners were selected by the PHCA awards committee after a review of each nominee was conducted.
“Every day in Pennsylvania, more than 81,000 frail, elderly and disabled residents who need around-the-clock support for clinically complex medical conditions receive high quality, compassionate care from many of the finest health care professionals in the nation,” said PHCA CEO W. Russell McDaid. “Our seven Hero Award winners represent some of the very best in long-term care and were honored to recognize them for the outstanding services they provide to residents and their families.”
The 2017 Hero Awards ceremony took place during PHCA’s annual convention, held at the Lancaster County Convention Center. In addition to honoring the award winners for their outstanding contributions to the well being of residents, PHCA made a short video about each winner featuring their colleagues and residents and is making those videos available to the public via YouTube.
This year’s winners are:
- Lori Grant, an Executive Director at the Newhaven Court at Lindwood, an IntegraCare facility in Greensburg, PA, is the PHCA AL/PC Executive Director of the Year. You can view Lori’s video at https://youtu.be/noCXGeqVHFk.
- Jill Loeffler, a Lifestyle 360 Director at Overlook Green Senior Living, a Five Star Senior Living facility in Pittsburgh, PA, is the PHCA AL/PC Most Valuable Employee of the Year. You can view Jill’s video at https://youtu.be/N32gnSYgbzc.
- Adwoa Pokua, a Resident Assistant at the Brunswick at Attleboro, a Wilmac Corporation facility, in Langhorne, PA, is the PHCA AL/PC Personal Care Aide of the Year. You can view Adwoa’s video at https://youtu.be/NW9bXsOiJSY.
- Bridget Tuggle, a Charge Nurse at Simpson Meadows, a Simpson Senior Living facility, in Downingtown, PA, is the PHCA Nurse of the Year award. You can view Bridget’s video at https://youtu.be/JZduKg5uoDM.
- Aaron Salyards, an Administrator at West Haven Manor, a Quality Life Services facility in Apollo, PA, is the PHCA SNF Administrator of the Year. You can view Aaron’s video a https://youtu.be/Hl9YTnjM4BA.
- Evelyn Montross, a Certified Nurses Aide at Hempfield Manor, an HCF Management facility in Greensburg, PA, is the PHCA SNF Certified Nurses Aide of the Year. You can view Evelyn’s video a https://youtu.be/JIwejfRuCGI.
- Patricia Pell, a Nursing Scheduler/Certified Nurse Aide at Manor Care York-North, and HCR ManorCare facility in York, PA, is the PHCA SNF Most Valuable Employee of the Year award. You can view Patricia’s video at https://youtu.be/v5Aluy7pP10.
PHCA’s “Hero Award” honors individuals who have excelled in providing outstanding care in a cooperative spirit of teamwork. Each year, PHCA accepts nominations from employees and administrators at long-term care and senior service facilities across the state that want to recognize colleagues for their commitment and dedication to quality care and quality of life.