22 Long-Term Care and Senior Living Providers in Pennsylvania Receive National Quality Award
HARRISBURG — Twenty-two long-term care facilities in Pennsylvania received the 2017 Bronze National Quality Award for the high level of care they provide to frail elderly and disabled residents. The award honors nursing homes, assisted living residences and personal care homes for providing quality care to their residents. Bronze award winners demonstrate a commitment to providing a caring professional staff culture as they work with patients, residents and families to ensure high quality care and a high quality of life for seniors and persons with disabilities.
“Quality care is every long-term care providers’ top priority,” said W. Russell McDaid, President and CEO of the Pennsylvania Health Care Association (PHCA). “These facilities have demonstrated their commitment to quality care by choosing to participate in the American Health Care Association/National Center for Assisted Living’s rigorous quality awards program. Achieving the award is a testament to the caring, professional way their caregivers and staff work with residents and their families and their dedication to improving the quality of care being delivered to residents across Pennsylvania. We are proud of their commitment and proud that they are being recognized with this distinction. We congratulate all of them.”
The award winners in Pennsylvania, by county, are:
- Mount Vernon of South Park, Five Star Senior Living
- Sunrise of McCandless, Sunrise Senior Living
- Sugar Creek Personal Care, Quality Life Services
- Donahoe Manor, HCR ManorCare
- ManorCare Health Services – Laureldale, HCR ManorCare
- Laurel Center, Genesis HealthCare
- Mifflin Court, Genesis HealthCare
- Fair Winds Manor, Quality Life Services
- Providence Place Drums, Providence Place Senior Living
- Amber Springs at LaurelWood Care Center, Grane Healthcare
- Juniper Village Wellspring Memory Care at Brookline, Juniper Communities
- Juniper Village at Meadville, Juniper Communities
- The Bridges at Bent Creek
- Providence Place of Chambersburg, Providence Place Senior Living
- Juniper Village at Mount Joy, Juniper Communities
- Juniper Village at Lebanon, Juniper Partners
- Tiffany Court at Kingston, Five Star Senior Living
- ManorCare Health Services – Montgomeryville, HCR ManorCare
- New Eastwood Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, Marquis Health Services
- ManorCare Health Services – Sunbury, HCR ManorCare
- Bala Nursing and Retirement Center
- Providence Place Senior Living of Pottsville, Providence Place Senior Living
Implemented by AHCA/NCAL in 1996, the National Quality Award Program is centered on the core values and criteria of the Baldrige Performance Excellence Program, which is the foundation of the metric-based AHCA/NCAL Quality Initiative. The program assists providers of long term and post-acute care services in achieving their performance excellence goals.
The award is the first of three distinctions — Bronze, Silver and Gold — that the American Health Care Association/National Center for Assisted Living announce each year as part of its National Quality Award Program, which began in 1996.
Facilities begin the quality improvement process at the Bronze level, where they develop an organizational profile with essential performance elements such as vision and mission statements and an assessment of customers’ expectations. Bronze applicants must demonstrate their ability to implement a performance improvement system. A team of trained examiners reviews each Bronze application to determine if the facility has met the criteria. As a recipient of the bronze award, these facilities may now move forward in developing approaches and achieving performance levels that meet the criteria required for the silver level, and after that the gold level.
Silver Quality Award winners will be announced on June 30. Gold Quality Award winners will be announced on August 11.