15 Long-Term Care and Senior Living Providers in Pennsylvania Receive National Quality Award
HARRISBURG — Fourteen long-term care facilities in Pennsylvania received the 2018 Bronze National Quality Award for hard work and a strong commitment to quality care for their residents. The award honors nursing facilities, assisted living residences and personal care homes for providing quality care to their residents. Bronze award winners demonstrate a commitment to providing a caring professional staff culture as they work with patients, residents and families to ensure high-quality care and a high quality of life for seniors and persons with disabilities.
“Quality care is every long-term care provider’s top priority,” said W. Russell McDaid, President and CEO of the Pennsylvania Health Care Association (PHCA). “These facilities have demonstrated their commitment to quality care by choosing to participate in the American Health Care Association/National Center for Assisted Living’s rigorous quality awards program. Achieving the award takes hard work and is a testament to the caring, professional way their caregivers and staff work with residents and their families. The teams at these centers should be applauded for their efforts and their dedication to improving the quality of care being delivered to residents across Pennsylvania. We are proud of their commitment and proud that they are being recognized with this distinction. We congratulate them all.”
The award winners in Pennsylvania, by county, are:
- Juniper Village at Forest Hills, Juniper Communities, Pittsburgh
- ManorCare Health Services-North Hills, HCR ManorCare, Pittsburgh
- The Brunswick at Attleboro, Wilmac Corporation, Langhorne
- Quality Life Services – Sarver, Quality Life Services, Sarver
- The Devon Senior Living, Five Star Senior Living, Devon
- Wellington Court at Hershey’s Mill, Benchmark Senior Living, West Chester
- Naamans Creek Country Manor, Genesis HealthCare, Boothwyn
- The Quadrangle, Sunrise Senior Living, Haverford
- Linwood Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Genesis HealthCare, Scranton
- Riverstreet Manor, Genesis HealthCare, Wilkes-Barre
- Quality Life Services – Mercer, Quality Life Services, Mercer
- Chapel Manor, Genesis HealthCare, Philadelphia
- Orwigsburg Center, Genesis HealthCare, Orwigsburg
- Hanover Hall, Wilmac Corporation, Hanover
- The Brunswick at Longstown, Wilmac Corporation, York
Implemented by AHCA/NCAL in 1996, the National Quality Award Program is centered on the core values and criteria of the Baldrige Performance Excellence Program, which is the foundation of the metric-based AHCA/NCAL Quality Initiative. The program assists providers of long-term and post-acute care services in achieving their performance excellence goals.
The award is the first of three distinctions — Bronze, Silver and Gold — that the American Health Care Association/National Center for Assisted Living announce each year as part of its National Quality Award Program.
Facilities begin the quality improvement process at the Bronze level, where they develop an organizational profile with essential performance elements such as vision and mission statements and an assessment of customers’ expectations. Bronze applicants must demonstrate their ability to implement a performance improvement system. A team of trained examiners reviews each Bronze application to determine if the facility has met the criteria. As a recipient of the bronze award, these facilities may now move forward in demonstrating approaches and achieving performance levels that meet the criteria required for the silver level, and after that the gold level.
Silver Quality Award and Gold Quality Award winners will be announced in the coming months.