Call for Presentations
PHCA is looking for top-notch speakers to lead the educational sessions at Pennsylvania’s premier long-term care convention and trade show, Sept. 24-26 at the Valley Forge Casino Resort.
With more than 1,200 participants (attendees, speakers and exhibitors) expected to attend representing skilled nursing facilities, assisted living residences and personal care homes, we are looking for sessions that are relevant to the entire continuum of care. We are seeking experts to lead sessions on these topics of importance to long-term care providers.
Suggested topics include:
- Innovative quality initiatives
- Quality assurance, advancement and process improvement
- Aging and mental health
- Care delivery in today’s market
- Avoiding hospital readmissions
- Culture change
- Managing resident behaviors including substance abuse concerns
- Recruiting/retaining/rewarding employees
- Enhancing technology/social media
- Preparing for a skilled nursing/assisted living/personal care living survey
- Other innovative or ‘Best Practices’ in senior care
Please feel free to share this information with your colleagues, as we’ve expanded the convention topics.
Click here to fill out a convention session submission form online. Click here for more information along with a detailed listing of topics of interest (see pg. 4) identified by PHCA members. Proposals are being accepted now.
The deadline for submission of proposals is April 15, 2019.
The PHCA Convention and Education Committee will review the proposals in late April/early May for selection. Selected speakers will be notified in late May/early June.
As a long-term care professional, you understand the trends, issues and challenges facing our profession. Why not share that knowledge and experience as a speaker at PHCA’s 2018 convention? Or, if you attended an educational session with a speaker who influenced you or who was particularly informative – please tell us about him/her and why you enjoyed the session.
Questions? Please contact Wendy Johnson at (717) 221-7927 or firstname.lastname@example.org.