This webinar will be presented by Zach Shamberg, President & CEO, with the Pennsylvania Health Care Association (PHCA).
Albert Einstein once said that the definition of insanity is “doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result”. So why do advocacy groups use the same old talking points, 1-pagers and policy statements year after year, expecting more support from their elected officials?
At PHCA, we’re changing the narrative and advancing our agenda by changing the way we advocate. And to be successful, we’ll need your help. Throughout the next few months, our efforts will be focused in Harrisburg and across the state, advocating for a favorable operating climate for nursing homes, personal care homes and assisted living residences. And there is no shortage of issues we’ll be advocating for (or against) in 2020. This webinar will walk you through, step by step, the advocacy process, and how to best share your message with local legislators. You’ll also learn about the long-term care issues that we will be focused on throughout 2020. No matter what we’re asking of the legislature, we need you to convey the message.
At the conclusion of this webinar, participants will be able to:
- Deliver talking points to legislators regarding key legislative bills involving topics such as budget funding, quality care, etc.,
- Discuss relevant legislation and the potential impact legislation may have on the long-term care sector,
- Review legislative priorities for committees and legislative caucuses,
- Develop relationship-building strategies with local legislators, and
- Build advocacy plans and events with colleagues and other staff.
To register, click here.
1 CEU for SNF, AL, PC