The webinar will provide you with insight and practical advice needed to address and overcome some of the common problems encountered in Community HealthChoices Contracting. The presenter will address issues that arise during negotiation including how claims payment will work; assuring that ancillary providers are in network; and assuring your residents receive the necessary services and supports coordination. The presenter will equip you with essential information and a helpful tool, the Community HealthChoices Contract Checklist, to assist with analysis necessary to finalize the best possible version of the Agreement and avoid disputes in the future.
- Understanding what steps you should take to be prepared to negotiate; i.e., what due diligence should you undertake before you begin,
- Understanding the proposed terms of the CHC-MCO Agreement templates and how you can negotiate the best terms possible,
- Considering ways to contractually address issues that affect the day-to-day delivery of services by long term care providers: documentation requirements, billing concerns, tracking and reporting requirements…,
- Learning about hot topics and issues that arose in Phase 1 and Phase 2 implementation and how you can best address these same issues with the MCOs, and
- Learning how to use PHCA’s Community HealthChoices Contract Checklist to aid in your review and negotiation of the CHC-MCO Agreement.
Presenter: Cynthia Haines, Principal with Post & Schell, P.C.
CEUs: PHCA has been approved for 1 CEU for nursing home administrators.
Please Note: Unless specified, PHCA webinars are a “members only” benefit.
Nonmembers may participate to gain a better understanding of this membership benefit and topic, but will not receive continuing education credit for their participation.
If you are interested in learning more about membership with PHCA, contact Beth Weachter, PHCA Director of Marketing and Member Services at email@example.com or 717-221-7932.