This training is for all interested individuals and specifically those who provide care to older adults, such as nurses, social workers, case managers, housing service coordinators, nursing home administrators, personal care home administrators, aging and mental health workers.
At the completion of this seminar, participants will be able to:
- Discuss the common psychiatric causes of problem behaviors in individuals with dementia:
- Behavioral and Psychological symptoms of dementia
- Articulate the risks of depression for those who are providing care for individuals with dementia.
- Review common treatment interventions that may be used with individuals who are suffering from dementia including communication skills, behavioral management, and psychosocial interventions.
- Identify evidence-based practices for psychiatric issues of dementia.
- Explore community resources available for professionals and family caregivers.
Click here to learn more.