Director of Workforce Partnerships
Posted: 12/29/2021Pennsylvania Health Care Association
At the Pennsylvania Health Care Association (PHCA), we are proud of our reputation as the commonwealth’s most trusted voice and leading advocacy association, representing Pennsylvania’s most vulnerable residents and their providers of care. We are dedicated to advancing and elevating the work of nursing homes, assisted living communities and personal care homes across the commonwealth and are deeply vested in their long-term success.
We’re currently searching for an experienced program manager to join our team and continue our goal of developing a qualified workforce to support a robust, high-quality, resident-centered continuum of long-term care. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of the workforce landscape, an enthusiastic approach to collaboration and a proven ability to strategize and implement high-level workforce partnership initiatives. As a natural born leader, you will have a tenacity for project coordination and delegation. Ultimately, you are motivated by the desire to optimize partnerships and nurture program success from inception to completion.
Key Objectives of this Role
- Develop broad strategies to create, expand, maintain awareness of careers of compassion and employment opportunities across the skilled nursing and senior living continuum
- Identify and manage statewide partnerships that will broaden reach and accelerate the growth of workforce pipelines in key areas as defined by the association’s workforce committee and leadership team
- Develop new and cultivate existing relationships with current and prospective stakeholders in business and industry, governmental agencies, community organizations and workforce development partners to ensure the delivery of high-quality partnerships and programs aligned with PHCA’s strategic goals related to workforce development
- Develop program assessment protocols for evaluation and improvement
- Oversee multiple projects and timelines seamlessly to ensure program goals are reached
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Work closely with project sponsor, cross-functional teams, and assigned project managers to plan and develop scope, deliverables, required resources, work plan, budget, and timing for new initiatives
- Monitor the legislative and regulatory environment for workforce development programs at the state and federal levels.
- Work with external partners to acquire targeted employment commitments and work-based learning commitments
- Manage workforce partnership programs and lead association workforce committee efforts, and coordinate and delegate cross-project initiatives
- Provide timely and accurate reporting of pipeline, strategic partnerships, and management activities
- Follow trends in workforce development and local job markets to design and implement relevant outreach strategies to expand reach and ultimately drive growth in ongoing workforce education programs
- Analyze, evaluate, and overcome program risks, and produce program reports for management and stakeholders
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Proven experience creating and supporting workforce education and development programs.
- Demonstrated in-depth and current knowledge of state education, economic and workforce development goals, initiatives, and resources
- Exceptional leadership, time management, facilitation, and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing, written and oral communication skills essential
- Flexible, creative team player willing to take the initiative and do what is required to do the job well
- Previous stakeholder management skills and knowledge and commitment to long-term care issues desired
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in business administration or related field
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Must be willing to travel throughout Pennsylvania, including some overnight travel
To apply, send your cover letter and resume to Shayna Varner at email@example.com. Online submissions only. No phone calls, please.
Institutional Care Pharmacy (ICP) is located in Tiffin, Ohio; Mason, Ohio; and Sharpsville, Pennsylvania. We have been providing pharmacy services since 1969 and have maintained a progressive approach for our customers. This progression has made ICP recognizable as a provider of quality, cost-effective pharmacy products and servicesLearn more about our business partners
Nursing Homes, Assisted Living and Personal Care
- Search by type of care, and by location
- Map the results
- Research the facilities