Business Office Manager
Posted: 06/15/2020Genesis Healthcare-Norriton Square
POSITION SUMMARY: The Business Office Manager “BOM”, manages all business office
functions and is responsible for ensuring policy and procedure compliance in all related areas. The
BOM oversees all business office functions and is responsible for managing policy and procedure
compliance in all related areas. Regularly supervises 2+ employees within the center’s business
1. Manages, organizes, evaluates, and monitors business office operations staff, including but not
limited to Assistant Business Office Manager, Bookkeeper and receptionists, as well as delegates
administrative authority, responsibility and accountability to other office personnel as necessary and
2. Responsible for meeting the deadlines for evaluating and approving timecards and requests for time
off for direct reports in relation to center’s payroll cycle;
3. Ensures systems and controls are in place as outlined in policy and procedure manuals. Meets
established daily, weekly, and monthly deadlines;
4. Directs processing of accounts receivable, adjustments/refunds, private and third party agencies,
census information, ancillaries, cash deposits, and posting;
5. Manages or directs other staff to manage resident trust funds and maintains confidential files,
ensures compliance with all state and federal regulations;
6. Meets with or directs other staff to meet with all new admissions (resident or family) to explain
financial obligations and paperwork;
7. Monitors private spend down and timely conversions to Medicaid Pending; manages Medicaid
Pending Tracking and all related processes;
8. Manages all month end processes, which includes completion of data entry, review and correction
of edits, and census reconciliation;
9. Manages the center accounts receivable collection responsibilities for private and other
decentralized payers; ensures accurate census and billing information for the timely filing of
Medicare, Medicaid, and insurance claims;
10. Participates and/or coordinates routine Revenue Cycle Management Reviews (aka AR Reviews)
and maintains collection notes in the PCC collection module for payers the center is responsible for.
Keeps Center Executive Director (CED) abreast of collection issues and escalates as needed.
Monitors collection notes on third party accounts. Responds timely to CBO requests for assistance
or information via the assigned activities in the collection module. Analyzes Bad Debt Expense.
SPECIFIC EDUCATIONAL/VOCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
1. High school degree with a minimum of five years’ experience, long term care
billing and collection experience preferred.
2. Additional coursework in accounting/finance is recommended.
3. This position requires that the employee is able to read, write, speak and understand the
spoken English language to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our patients and visitors
at the work site when responding to their medical and physical needs.
Phone: (610) 239-7100